The Belarusian National Technical University (BNTU) is one of the leading technical universities of Belarus and the CIS. The BNTU has been training engineers since 1920. The BNTU today:
- comprises 17 faculties offering high-quality training in 89 specialities and 121 specializations;
- trains over 35 000 students in advanced BA, MA, PhD, and post-doctoral programs;
- numbers over 2000 highly qualified lecturers and scientists involved in teaching and research;
- has 41 research laboratories creating innovations, transferring technologies, and cooperating with production;
- runs 3 institutes offering refresher courses in the newest areas of technology and economics.Besides, the BNTU provides various facilities for the students' personal growth and recreation: sports grounds, cultural centers, libraries, student clubs, etc.
- The BNTU meets the challenges of the 21st century combining classical university traditions with modern approaches and technologies. According to Webometrics, the BNTU ranks among 9% of the world's best universities.